XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series
The XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series consists of eight trail runs throughout southern California and is an award winning event series. Each event has two or three distances to choose from that cater to beginner trail runners and competitive athletes. Participants can accumulate points at each event working towards the National Championship in September.
Overall Event Info
- All courses are subject to change due to circumstances beyond the control of Event Management. This includes dates, times and trails used.
- Trail distances are approximate and may be longer or shorter than indicated. Don’t us to let us know that your GPS measured .0038 longer or shorter than what is advertised.
- All Aid Station locations are approximate.
- Water Stations have water and Gatorade.
- Aid Stations have First Aid, water, PowerGel & Gatorade.
- Course Cut off times – each event/course has a course cut off (maximum time to complete the course). If runners have not passed specific check points, their numbers will be pulled. Runners can complete the course on their own volition.
- Headphones / Ear Buds / etc. You will be disqualified from the race if you are seen wearing earbuds in both ears. Leave one ear open so you can hear people around you, trying to pass, mountain lions attacking etc. Seriously.
- This is a trail run, meaning that the course is on trails. While we cannot strictly prohibit individuals from using a stroller on a public trail, we strongly discourage anyone from bringing a stroller (and the child in it) to a trail run. Use common sense.
- It is the athlete’s responsibility to know the course. While we mark the course to the best of our ability with signs, flour, volunteers, etc., in the end it becomes the athlete’s responsibilty to know the course, based on the maps provided. We are not responsible for course sabotage or non-race personnel misdrecting athletes. And if you follow a pack of runners and know it’s the wrong way, don’t follow them. If there are any official course changes, a revised map will be posted on the website prior to the event AND announced at the race prior to the start.
YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF REGISTRATION TO PICK UP YOUR BIB!
This includes: active.com email, credit card statement, cashed check or email confirmation from
Generic Events. No Exceptions!
Registration Policy: Generic Events does not authorize refunds at any time, NO EXCEPTIONS. The Generic Events transfer policy does not allow for transfers from event to event, but there are options – see below!
• Participants can edit their information up to two weeks prior to the event.
• Participants can transfer from one event category to another event category up to two weeks prior to the event.
• There is a $20 transfer fee for participants that want to complete a person-to-person transfer up to two weeks prior to the event.
• Participants can only complete a transfer if the registrant is 18 years or older.
• Please log into your active.com account and select “My Events” to make any changes.
• If you are unable to attend the event and/or do not show up for the event, your entry spot and race items will be released and sold to event day registrants. Included registration items such as medals, t-shirts, and hats will not be mailed to participants who do not participate in the event they signed up for. Please review the transfer policy above if you are interested in transferring your registration to a different event or person.
Natural Disaster Policy – If an Act of God/Terrorism/Community Disaster occurs, what happens?
1. We make decisions based on safety first.
2. The municipality (California State Parks, San Diego Regional Parks, National Park Service) will also make a decision based on park impact and participant safety.
3. Race courses and race date will be altered as seen fit by race management and the Parks.
4. Athletes in a postponed race will be transferred to the rescheduled date at no charge.
5. Athletes that choose to not participate in the new event date can transfer to another XTERRA SoCal Trail Run (within the same season).
6. The XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series cannot accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS. The money you paid is spent developing that race.
7. If you are looking for some type of registration insurance – check out REGISTRATION PROTECTOR on the ACTIVE Network, which offers participants the option of purchasing Registration Protector when they register for events. Registration Protector insures a participant’s full registration fee, for covered reasons. Check out (www.allianztravelinsurance.com/online/active). Note: We do not endorse this company or others, but check it out and make your own decision if you would like to purchase the insurance.
Why? We do not save any money if the race is postponed or you choose not run. We have paid for every supply and service needed for that race. We pay for all race supplies or services associated with that race, regardless of the outcome. These include paying for permits, rangers, our staff, offices, administration costs all year. It’s not ideal, and nobody likes wasting money, but we unfortunately cannot predict what will happen on race day.
Race Conduct – We will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior to any of our volunteers or staff. If you have a complaint please direct these to Brennan Lindner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to follow this guideline will result in disqualification from the event and possibly being banned from future events. Seriously. We’re all out here for some fun, so let’s have some!
If you’re looking to get out on the trails more often, check out the following clubs/races/stores
throughout Southern California: