The XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series is an
award winning event series up and down the
coast of Southern California. Participants
accumulate points at each event working towards the National
Championship in September.
Overall Event Info
• All courses are subject to change due to circumstances
beyond the control of Event Management. This includes dates, times and trails used.
• Trail distances are approximate and may be longer or shorter than indicated. Please don't email us to let us know that your GPS measured .0038 longer or shorter than what is advertised.
• All Aid Station locations are approximate.
• Water Stations have water and Gatorade.
• Aid Stations have First Aid, water, PowerGel & Gatorade.
• Course Cut off times - each event/course has a course cut off (maximum time to complete the course). If runners have not passed specific check points, their numbers will be pulled. Runners can complete the course on their own volition.
• No Headphones / Ear Buds / etc. You will be disqualified from the race if you are seen wearing any of these or something similar.
YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF REGISTRATION TO PICK UP YOUR BIB! This includes: active.com email, credit card statement, cashed check or email confirmation from Generic Events. No Exceptions! The issue is that we getting more and more people showing up who are not on our registration list. If we do not have a bib for you and cannot provide this information to us, we will charge you for the race and refund you when you show proof of your registration and payment.
For the XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series, we us IMATHLETE.com, which allows participants to manage their registrations, sign up for multiple events, transfer their entry to another event, or cancel their registration, within a time period prior to each race. For the “How To’s”, please see the below instructions.
Generic Events does not authorize refunds at any time, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Race Conduct - We will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior to any of our volunteers or staff. If you have a complaint please direct these to Brennan Lindner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to follow this guideline will result in disqualification from the event and possibly being banned from future events. Seriously. We're all out here for some fun, so let's have some!
Natural Disaster Policy - If an Act of God/Terrorism/Community Disaster occurs, what happens?
1. We make decisions based on safety first.
2. The municipality (California State Parks, San Diego Regional Parks, National Park Service) will also make a decision based on park impact and participant safety.
3. Race courses and race date will be altered as seen fit by race management and the Parks.
4. Athletes in a postponed race will be transferred to the rescheduled date at no charge.
5. Athletes that choose to not participate in the new event date can transfer to another XTERRA SoCal Trail Run event for the $10.00 transfer fee.
6. The XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series cannot accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS. The money you paid is spent developing that race.
Why? We do not save any money if the race is postponed or you choose not run. We have paid for every supply and service needed for that race. We pay for all race supplies or services associated with that race, regardless of the outcome. These include paying for permits, rangers, our staff, offices, administration costs all year. It's not ideal, and nobody likes wasting money, but we unfortunately cannot predict what will happen on race day.