Lastest SoCal Series Standings
2016-2017 SoCal Series Standings << Click Here
SoCal Point Series FAQs / Rules
Any questions about the point series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that you the age group you are racing in is based on your age on 12/31/17!
Remember that only ONE RACE at each event is for points, and this is always the longer distance race (15k+).
Important info for the XTERRA Point Series 2016-2017
1. XTERRA Racing Age is the age you will be on December 31st, 2017. We need to fix a firm age for the year so people won’t race in June at one age and in August at another if they have a birthday in-between. For example: If you are 29, but turn 30 on Dec. 20th, you will be racing in the 30-34 division all season. XTERRA Trail Run Series age groups: <9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+.
2. Enter as many XTERRA Trail Runs as you can – To contend for a regional series title you’ll need to race in as many events within the regional series as possible to score maximum points.
There are 7 races in the 2015-2016 SoCal Series, your final score will be calculated based on your top 6 races. It’s not mandatory that you race in all events in the Series, but your chances of winning the region are much better if you do. You will be allocated “0” points for races in your Series that you do not enter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If there are two race distances offered on the same day, only the longer distance event counts for points. For example, if there is a 5k and a 15k race on the same day, only the 15k will count for points.
3. Accumulate Points – Points are awarded to the top 15 finishers in each age group. Please see the points breakdown below. Current standings will be posted to XTERRAPlanet.com after each event. Points stay within the region you raced in and do not transfer (For example – if you won XTERRA Runnin’ the Rocks you’d get 100 points in the Georgia Series. Then you won the XTERRA Mission Gorge Trail Run and earned 100 points in SoCal Series. You would have 100 points in both Series).
XTERRA TRAIL RUN SERIES POINTS – awarded to each age group
1st – 100
2nd – 90
3rd – 82
4th – 75
5th – 69
6th – 63
7th – 58
8th – 53
9th – 49
10th – 45
11th – 41
12th – 37
13th – 34
14th – 31
15th – 28
4. Count ‘em Up! – The athlete with the most points- by gender and age group- after the last race in the Series earns the title of XTERRA Trail Run Series Champion and earns free entry into the XTERRA National Championship Xduro in 2014! Series Champs can also race for free in the 5k or 10k offered at Nationals if they wish, but only the 21k Xduro is considered the national championship race.
5. Tie Breakers – Ties in point standings will be settled by:
Head to Head competition (order of finish from the most recent race in your Series where both/all competitors participated.)
Winner of the most recent race (the highest placing athlete at the most recent race in your series will break the tie).