XTERRA SoCal is always on the lookout for runner enthusiasts who are actively involved in their community. If you’re passionate about living a healthy lifestyle, trail running and enjoy free entries to awesome running events in southern California, we encourage you to apply! See guidelines below.
Meet Our Ambassadors!
They’ll be hosting course preview runs throughout the season and available to answer any questions you may have about the XTERRA SoCal courses, trail running, and best training practices.
Shannon joined the XTERRA SoCal Ambassador team four years ago. She’s been a passionate runner since middle school and spent her early adult years running marathons, including the “Original Course” in Athens, Greece. About 10 years ago, a friend convinced her to compete in a trail race. She was instantly hooked on trail running. “It’s rare that my tennis shoes hit pavement anymore,” said Shannon.
Marianela Chow is originally from New York and moved to Los Angeles three years ago. She was introduced to trail running in 2013 when she was training for an Ironman and instantly became an avid trail runner. She has completed several Ironman triathlons and ultra marathons including Javelina Jundred 100K and Fuego y Agua in Nicaragua. Marianela hopes to inspire and share her passion for running as an XTERRA SoCal Ambassador.
Sean Reid’s passion for fitness started with obstacle course races. From 5k’s to half marathons, he is dedicated to always improving his health and fitness goals. He is currently studying for a degree in biology with an emphasis on nutrition and human biology, and is obsessed with nutrition and the inner workings of the body. He finds the combination of trail running and strength based obstacles to be extremely fun and very motivating to train for.
Freddy Luis has been an avid distance runner for over seven years. He’s raced everything from beer miles to 50 mile events. It wasn’t until three years ago that he ventured into the dirt of trail running, and he’s never looked back. Now he is hooked and spends as much time as he can searching for the perfect single track. His next challenge is running the backbone trail (68 miles) in it’s entirety. When he isn’t running, biking, swimming, or working; he is probably working on another type of marathon (Netflix).
For the past 7 years, Tina Weissauer has been a competitive runner. She has competed in all of XTERRA SoCal trail runs from 2014 to 2016. After chasing her dream for 3 years of becoming the XTERRA SoCal Age Group Champion, she finally did it and was invited to Xterra Nationals in Ogden, September of 2016. Throughout her running career she has competed in multiple 30 k’s, and two 50k races. She loves running in the mountains, connecting with other trail runners and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
Interested in Joining our Tribe? Apply Here!
AMBASSADOR PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- Promote XTERRA SoCal actively on social media at least once per week, tagging @xterrasocal and using event hashtag guidelines.
- Engage with XTERRA SoCal socially, by sharing, liking, and commenting on XTERRA SoCal social media pages at least once per week.
- Include XTERRA SoCal Ambassador in your social bio.
- Participate in the Incentive-based XTERRA Referral Program by actively recruiting participants.
- Attend four XTERRA SoCal races and host 1 course preview.
- Wear XTERRA team apparel at events – XTERRA and others.
- Attend 4-6 local run clubs per year.
- Partake in 1 monthly phone conference to check in with the team.
AMBASSADOR PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Free entry to all XTERRA SoCal races.
- Ambassador Racing Shirt (wear during race and appearances).
- Discounted XTERRA SoCal merchandise.
- Personalized discount/business cards to distribute.
- Trailrace.com bio.
- Registration incentives.
- Social media promotion.
- MC introduction at each race.
REFERRAL PROGRAM FOR MOTIVATED AMBASSADORS
The Ambassador with the most referrals at the end of the season will receive a $100.00 gift certificate to North Face and a hotel night stay prior to the XTERRA Malibu Creek Trail Run. The minimum number of referrals needed to win is 25!
Please tell us a little about yourself, including answers to the questions below, send us links to your social media pages, and don’t forget your running resume as well.
- What are three qualities that make you suited to be an XTERRA SoCal Ambassador?
- What running experience do you have? (Remember, we are looking for runners of all levels, just as long as you’re passionate about living a healthy, active lifestyle!)
- What ways could you help promote the XTERRA Trail Run Series to the community?
HOW TO APPLY
Email completed applications to email@example.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
We are always accepting applications to build the program!